New Year's Resolution | Six Impossible Things

Looking back at all of the amazing, wonderful, impossible things that happened in the last year, I decided to go for broke when compiling my list of Disney New Y-Ears resolutions for the year.

I'm going to try to do six impossible things this year, so please send pixie dust!

Back to the Big Kid Rides
Since my fearless princess is finally forty-four inches tall, she looks forward to conquering all of the big kid rides!


She has no fear, nor no one should.
Impossibility: The possibility of having to take all of our family out of the chicken exits is very real. With possibly one child who wants to go on the ride coming with us.

I am planning this trip down to the ride order rather than just the usual FastPass+, Advanced Dining Reservations and then letting the rest of the trip come as it may. Instead I've got all of our rides mapped out to slowly work our way up from the Great Goofini to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before the scary rides a few days into the trip.

I figure it gives my son a while to wrap his head around the rides so I can see whether we'll be riding on them before waiting in the Stand-By lines.

Take Five
My plans for our homeschool celebration include taking the advice of absolutely everyone and taking the time to head back to our stateroom and rest midafternoon.

Impossibility: I am a recovering Disney Parks Commando. This goes against every single fiber of my being to leave the park during vacation.

When I actually go through with this, the kids will be much happier and well rested enough to enjoy the fireworks and make it through a long, memorable vacation. I'll just keep telling myself that.

Disney World Without Backup
I've done the adult only trip and trips with my husband or extended family.
In order to celebrate the end of our first year of homeschool, the kiddos and I will be going to the Disney Student Seminar days at the end of January and beginning of February.

Impossibility: The kiddos and I. As in without any other adults.


Eight Nights, Seven Day Park Hoppers, Two Conferences
Best.
Field Trip.
EVER!
I was a smidge intimidated taking my six and eight year old half way across the country for a week and a half without backup when I realized we did it. We finished a whole year of homeschool!
I'm going to Disney World!
They're going to Disney World!!! They've only ever visited the World for one short day before, so this should be an EPIC vacation, to say the least.

Blogging Consistently
I love blogging.
I love talking about Disney and visiting all of my blog buddies newest posts.
I just need a little more accountability.

Impossibility: I've tried, but I seem to either post every day until I burn out or have trouble getting the ball rolling in the first place. Moderation is hared for me.

So I'm putting it out there that I won't disappear for weeks on end unless I'm legitimately on vacation (like in Disney World or the eastern edge of the Caribbean.)
Pinkie Promise!

Disney Parks Moms Panel Class of 2016
After a lovely year of applying to the Disney Parks Moms Panel from Labor Day through Thanksgiving and the finals, I ended up with an even more magical "it's not your year" letter. While very frustrating, I understood the reasons that my pixie dust needs a little more time to marinate.

Impossibility: The odds are definitely not in my favor.


Final Interview Day 2014

Third times the charm?
Come the end of next summer, I'll be applying again. This time with added pixie dust! After all, if Cinderella lost all faith, her Fairy Godmother wouldn't be there, would she?

One Perfect Family Vacation
At the end of the year a massive Ketcherside Family Vacation on the High Seas will be departing from Galveston for (hopefully!) magic, merriment and mirth.

Impossibility:  Keeping any group of twelve people happy can be tricky.

Most of my in laws will be enjoying their first cruise, let alone Disney Cruise so I'm the point person on booking and arranging the group. I want this vacation to be practically perfect in every way, so I'm totally in my element planning! I just hope they love this vacation as much as I think they will.



“Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” - Lewis Carroll

What are your resolutions?

Comments

  1. I love your resolutions! Good luck with them all and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! Make sure you check back in with us mid-year to let us know how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions! As another Disney parks commando, taking five sounds like the hardest one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific resolutions! I too am a park commando and even though I always say I'll take a break on cruises I haven't so far. I hope you have better luck. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your resolutions - I want to actually stop being a park commando and slow down and enjoy it more. I would also like to get more exercise in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great goals.Don't feel too bad if you don't go back to the room midday. We never do and our kids handle it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to read your future blog posts about your trip! Great resolutions! It sounds like you have quite an exciting 2015 planned :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post and you are definitely in for an amazing 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies