Disney Parks Moms Panel | Round 3 Round Up

Less than a week after finding out that I made round 3 for the Disney Parks Moms Panel, I found myself dropping my kids off at a friends and pacing all over my house. In less than ten minutes I would be talking to Gary.



Do you want to build a snowman?
It kills time while you're waiting.
 
My daughter gave me serious Disney cred for talking to "the dragon jammies guy" and finally my interview would start in five minutes.

I finally felt nervous.


T-minus 15 minutes until my magical interview!
Not nervous about talking to Gary in front of the selection committee, because he is as approachable and welcoming as they come. Nervous because I was on a callback for my dream job. And possibly another surprise...




The fifteen minutes on the phone flew by in a blink until finally, we came to a (surprise) timed essay.

Discussing the essay and interview later through the haze of pixie-dusted memory, I loved most of my answers during the interview and thought that had gone well. Then I went over my essay. It seemed pretty good. Maybe a little short, but perfectly good. Then after further discussion I started to second guess my answers. I was awfully excited during the interview and it hopefully came across well.

On further reflection on my phone interview I had one answer that was just...



Seriously, I can't even.

At the end of the week when I finally got the world's most magical "this isn't your year" it wasn't a surprise (but I still cried.)

What was a surprise is that I didn't feel super depressed.

I think I already knew that this wasn't my year (based on the essay and interview.) I also am pretty sure if I had an instant do over I could have done better. So that at least was comforting, albeit slightly frustrating.

Going on a ridiculously fabulous cruise onboard the Disney Fantasy last week didn't hurt much either.

To all those magical moms who are heading off to training this week, hold onto your ears. I hear you're in for quite the adventure!

For all of the 2016 hopefuls, hold onto your dreams, keep moving forward and have faith!

Comments

  1. I know in my heart you will one day be apart of the panel. Of all my friends and Disney friends I think you are a perfect fit. I just think God has a special timing for you and the wait will be worth it. Love you dear friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually really excited and have my own "dream team" that I want to be on "my panel" whenever God has that planned.

      Delete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies