Thankful Thursday Kickoff | Ten Things

I'm kicking off this fall's Thankful Thursday series with a list of ten things I'm thankful for...not the big obvious things like my husband or my children or my house. Just ten little things I'm often inclined to over look but would definitely miss if they weren't there anymore.
 
 
10. Spellcheck
As much as Siri spends a lot of time twisting around my words like ice cream melting in the August sun, I really appreciate knowing that most of my words will be filtered before I send them out into cyberspace.
 
9. Air Conditioning
In Texas, air conditioning makes life much more pleasant for six months out of the year.
 
8. Sharp Number Two Pencils
The smell, the color, the way the graphite smears on paper, everything about the number two pencil is wonderful. Unless the eraser is missing. Then it's just sad and frustrating. Part of the loveliness of the pencil is the ability to erase easily and nearly completely.
 
7. Beautiful Cell Phone Covers
I am a world class klutz. Therefore, my phone is currently enclosed in a (waterproof, shockproof, impactproof) Lifeproof case. I want nothing more than to put one of the cute Little Mermaid, Wall-E, or DCL cases on my iPhone. 
My poor iPhone wouldn't last a week.
 
6. Green Pilot G-2
Ah, the retractable gel pen.
I love the rainbow pack of colors, but for my money, I prefer just the green. Since the easiest way to get the green pen is to buy the rainbow pack, I try to use all the other colors first and save the green pen until last.
Something about the green ones, I guess.
 
5. Warm Mugs
There's something comforting and cozy about holding a warm mug of peppermint tea.
 
4. Planners
The old fashioned paper kind of planner is a highly undervalued. I love getting to write things out and cross them off physically rather than just deleting them from a digital list.
 
3. Podcasts
Some mornings it is fun to listen to loud music during my run. Some mornings the thought of music makes me want to crawl back into bed. Then I remember all of my podcasts. Between all the variety of podcasts out there, I get to pick between offbeat homeschoolers, travel agents, and news. If you want it, they've got it.
 
2. Hoodies
The comfort of a super fluffy hooded can't be over-estimated. Perfect wardrobe staple for fall and functional as well.
 
1. Hot Cocoa
Nothing takes me back to childhood quite as fast as a nice cup of hot cocoa.
 
So what are you thankful for?


Comments

  1. Great list and I think I would have to list some of the same things as well. I can't wait for hoodie weather and I have to say I would be so sad if I couldn't have my Disney themed phone cases on my phone. I guess if i weren't as bedridden I would probably need a lifeproof case too because I too am a huge klutz. My parents still ask me how I didnt accident;y fall overboard on the cruise and everyone teased me at my wedding that there is no way I would not trip walking down the aisle especially since it was on a long sidewalk kind of path. hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for how pretty it is outside, so my favorite is the hoodie. When do they have cruises out of Texas?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies