Cruising: Frozen Style

Welcome to those of you joining me from Melissa's blog, Rolling with the Magic and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the final stop on our Magical Blogorail.


When a mouseketeer starts to feel the heat, there are two possible responses:
Fight or Flight.

While you've read about some wonderful ways to beat the heat, I'm going to take the opposite response and run. Yes, run.

Hit the road, head to port and join Mickey on the high seas. While on board the Disney Wonder, we will never be more than a few steps from air conditioning. Or a fruity frozen beverage. Or a nice tropical breeze.

Except during the summer when the Wonder heads to the sunny frozen shores of Alaska.

Alaska?


Well if you're really sick of the dog days of summer, why not embrace your #DisneySide by getting a little bit Frozen? Princess Anna and Queen Elsa decided to grace the Disney Wonder with a little bit of Frozen magic during her Alaska sailings. (See guest services on boarding for details).
If your family wants a really memorable vacation, it's hard to beat Alaska.
You can enjoy whale watching, glaciers and dogsleds in the great white north with nary a day above 70°F.
Don't worry, you won't really be Frozen!
The average at most of the ports is in the 50's to 60's.

 
Still, this is not your standard sun and sand cruise, but different and totally unique.

Alaska is sitting on my cruise bucket list for the time being.
(We're waiting until the kids are old enough for some of the amazing port adventures.)
What about you?
Is Alaska at the top of your wish list or do you have your eye on another itinerary?

Thank you for joining Magical Blogorail Green this month. We will be back on August 14th  with an all new theme. Keep checking in with our blogs in between loops to keep up to date with our Disney info, photos and stories. If you are looking for more Disney magic, you can make your way over to The Magical Blogorail website to see all our members and their blogs, as well as all our previous loops.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

1st Stop ~ In the Mouse House
2nd Stop ~ Heidi’s Head - 5 Ways to Stay COOL on HOT Disney Days
3rd Stop ~ My Dreams of Disney - Enjoying the Disney Shows
4th Stop ~ Rolling with the Magic -   What to Pack to Stay Cool at Disney
Final Stop ~ Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere - Cruising: Frozen Style

Comments

  1. What great pictures to go with your post, Lori! So funny, and what a great alternative way to beat the summer heat! What are some of the excursions that you are looking at doing when you make this journey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really hard call. Helicopter to the glaciers? Dog mushing? My daughters a bit of a daredevil, so zip lining will probably make the list too!

      Delete
  2. My parents have always wanted to take an Alaskan Cruise, but they put that dream on hold. Now, they bought a camper, and they're actually up in Maine this week. During the hot days of summer, Alaska might actually be inviting. What has been your favorite cruise destination so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Castaway Cay. Although my favorite excursion was taking my (then) 6 year old son swimming with the stingrays off of Grand Cayman.

      Delete
  3. I'm the type of person who likes to stay away from "winter" as long as possible so I don't think an Alaskan cruise is for me. Maybe someplace else. Does Disney to a Scandinavian Cruise or will they in future based on the success of Frozen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be doing Norwegian itineraries on the Magic during summer of 2015!

      Delete
  4. I dream of doing this cruise one day! It seems so magical and full of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with ya up to the point where you said 50 - 60 degrees! I like to be cool, but not Alaska cool! Would be an awesome trip though... except for the cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandmother took a cruise to Alaska many years ago (non-Disney), and she just loved it. I think that would be a great way to stay cool Disney-style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would also like it. Since I am Canadian snuggling up in winter clothes is fine by me.

      Delete
  7. I'm a hotter the better type, so Alaska is not for me, but I do know a lot of people who would enjoy sailing there. How long are the itineraries?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been dreaming of an Alaskan cruise for a long time and I am hoping we get to go in the next couple of years. That's my kind of summer vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cracked me up! Alaska is a top choice for us, too - but yeah, with 2 little ones, that's going to be afew years away! Definitely a great plan for the hot hot DC summers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An Alaskan Cruise with Disney Cruise Line is definitely on my cruising bucket list! There are so many amazing port opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alaskan Cruise is a lifetime experience which one should enjoy, at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it is definitely a bucket list item.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A comment? How magical!

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Cruise Line 101 ~ What Not To Wear

DCL 101 | The Ultimate List of Disney Cruise Tips and Tricks!

Top 10 Family Friendly 4th of July Movies